Vision Forward Association offers a variety of rewarding employment opportunities. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Vision Forward is recognized as the premier agency serving people of all ages with vision loss in Southeastern Wisconsin. We empower, educate and enhance the lives of individuals impacted by vision loss through all of life’s transitions. Our vision is that all individuals with vision loss have reached their full potential to lead active and independent lives.
Part Time Physical Therapist
Vision Forward currently has a career opportunity for someone to serve as a part time Physical Therapist. The ideal candidate is dedicated to assisting families of children with visual impairments achieve their goals, and has the willingness to grow and develop professionally. New graduates are welcome. You will be trained by one of the best, and most experienced Physical Therapists in the area.
Responsibilities to fulfilling the Vision Forward Mission:
- Promote the dignity of all people living with vision loss.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Maintain a positive, cohesive, transparent, and family-friendly environment.
- Provide direct patient care, assessing medical conditions, functional capabilities, limitations and restriction and potential for progress.
- Evaluate and administer a treatment plan under the direction of the child’s physician.
- Set specific goals determined according to the child’s capacity and family desire.
- Enthusiastic, nurturing ability to foster trust and cooperation of child while directly involving family members for support.
- Work effectively as a part of a multi-disciplinary and PCATT team.
Pay and benefits:
- $32.00 – $43.00 per hour based on experience.
- 15 hours per week with flexible schedule.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Closed (but not paid) – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial and Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Company provided cell phone and laptop.
- Structured hands on training and mentoring.
- Strong, experienced, supportive team.
The perfect candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Doctorate degree in physical therapy (Masters in accordance with APTA) and a current Wisconsin state license.
- One to two years’ pediatric experience preferred.
- New graduates considered if pediatric placement completed.
- Outpatient and natural environment experience preferred.
- Intermediate EMR and Microsoft office skills a plus.
- A valid Wisconsin Driver’s License, insurance and use of personal automobile required.
- Clear understanding of HIPAA regulations.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Lorena Pittman at Lorena@hrsherpaz.com or call 414-232-5198.