Vision Forward, a cutting-edge non-profit organization, currently has a career opportunity for someone to serve as a Part-Time Grants Coordinator.
Vision Forward is recognized as the premier agency serving people of all ages with vision loss in Southeastern Wisconsin. We empower, educate and enhance the lives of individuals impacted by vision loss through all of life’s transitions. Our vision is that all individuals with vison loss have reached their full potential to lead active and independent lives.
Responsibilities to fulfilling the Vision Forward mission:
- Promote the dignity of all people living with vision loss.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a positive, cohesive, transparent, and family-friendly environment.
- Identifies and researches appropriate public and private funding opportunities.
- Partners with program directors and manages the development grant budgets, writes successful proposals, and submits and manages the application process, including monitoring funding report requirements, cultivating relationships with foundations and maintaining necessary records.
- Works directly with the Philanthropy Manager and Executive Director to execute the annual grant calendar.
- Effectively completes the grant proposal process to include research, planning, writing, editing, strategizing, final submission and follow-up for all proposals and reporting.
- Serves as liaison with funders to answer questions, set up tours, and schedule update visits.
- Submits quality proposals every year to meet annual grant-writing goals.
- Communicates with the leadership team to ensure all grants and reports are being implemented in accordance with funders’ guidelines and timelines.
- Ensures that any changes in funded grants are reported to the grantor before changes occur. Provides progress reports as requested.
- Assists with donor-related activities and events.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Director, assists with writing, editing and proofing of agency materials, e.g., annual report, newsletter and website.
- Committed to Vision Forward’s mission and vision.
Pay and benefits:
- $22 – $25 per hour
- Part-time (25-28 hours per week)
- Monday through Friday with flexibility on days and hours (occasional night hours)
- Paid Time Off – 1 week after 1 year (prorated based on yearly hours worked), an additional week on year 5 (prorated based on yearly hours worked)
- Holidays (closed, but not paid) – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Dental and vision – 50% premium paid by Vision Forward
- 401K – after three months of service, Vision Forward matches 100% on the dollar of the first 3% you contribute and 50% of the next 2%
The perfect candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- BA in Communication, English, Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of three to five years of successfully writing and receiving public and private grants.
- Passion to exceed team and organizational expectations.
- Proven proficiency of professional written experience, including successful proposals to foundations and donors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel; Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Highly organized, detail focused with the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with a confident, concise, clear and compelling style.