Vision Forward is a cutting-edge non-profit organization serving people with vision loss for over 103 years. We are currently seeking a Community Outreach Specialist to join our team.
Community Outreach Specialist
Vision Forward, a cutting-edge non-profit organization, currently has an exciting career opportunity for someone to serve as a full-time Community Outreach Specialist. The ideal candidate is dedicated to collaborating with community partners, individuals and professionals, creating awareness and connecting clients and customers to Vision Forward’s programs and services available to people of all ages with vision loss.
- In coordination with the Marketing Director, creates and implements an annual strategic outreach plan to reach identified underserved populations across the state of Wisconsin.
- Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new partnerships in alignment with program objectives.
- Leads outreach efforts by collaborating with staff to fulfill agency representation at community presentations, exhibits, tours, events, meetings and resource fairs.
- Tracks and evaluates outreach efforts to ensure program effectiveness. Provides detailed reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis and makes recommendations for modifications in outreach plan and targets.
- Coordinates outreach performance surveys.
Pay and Benefits:
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Paid Time Off – 2 weeks after 90 days, 3 weeks after 3 years of employment and 4 weeks after 5 years of employment
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial and Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse people including communicating, delegating and supporting staff and volunteers in-person and virtually.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including daytime and/or some evening and weekend hours.
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills.
- Technical computer skills utilizing spreadsheets.
- Skilled in conflict management and ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and effectively interact with people across cultures, ranges of ability, genders, ethnicities, and races, assisting with addressing barriers to participation for clients in underserved communities.
- Access to dependable transportation in order to drive to the multiple sites, valid driver’s license, compliance with the agency policy of automobile insurance limits, and a driving record that meets the agency requirements for coverage of the agency business auto insurance carrier.
- Commitment to Vision Forward’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales or related field or four years of experience in communications.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent public speaking, presentation, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading/presenting in a virtual and/or hybrid environment.
- Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, customer relationship management systems, social networking, Zoom, and ability to adapt to emerging technology.
- Bilingual ability to write and speak English and Spanish.
Vision Forward is recognized as the premier agency serving people of all ages with vision loss in Southeastern Wisconsin. We empower, educate and enhance the lives of individuals impacted by vision loss through all of life’s transitions. Our vision is that all individuals with vison loss have reached their full potential to lead active and independent lives.
Responsibilities to Fulfilling the Vision Forward Mission:
- Promote the dignity of all people living with vision loss.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a positive, cohesive, transparent, and family-friendly environment.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to: Lorena Pittman at email@example.com.