Vision Forward is a cutting-edge non-profit organization serving people with vision loss for over 103 years. We currently have a temporary position open for a Physical Therapist to join our team.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to assisting families of children with visual impairments achieve their goals and has the willingness to grow and develop professionally. This position is surrounded by an experienced and knowledgeable staff who will offer guidance and support.
Vision Forward is recognized as the premier agency serving people of all ages with vision loss in Wisconsin. We empower, educate and enhance the lives of individuals impacted by vision loss through all of life’s transitions. Our vision is that all individuals with vison loss have reached their full potential to lead active and independent lives.
Responsibilities to Fulfilling the Vision Forward Mission:
- Promote the dignity of all people living with vision loss.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Maintain a positive, cohesive, transparent, and family-friendly environment.
- Provide direct patient care, assessing medical conditions, functional capabilities, limitations and restriction and potential for progress.
- Evaluate and administer a treatment plan under the direction of the child’s physician.
- Set specific goals determined according to the child’s capacity and family desire.
- Enthusiastic, nurturing ability to foster trust and cooperation of child while directly involving family members for support.
- Work effectively as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Pay and Benefits:
- Temporary position from October through December.
- $38.00 – $45.00 per hour based on experience.
- 32 hours per week with flexible schedule.
- Closed (but not paid) – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial and Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Company provided cell phone and laptop.
- Strong, experienced, supportive team.
The perfect candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Doctorate degree in physical therapy (Masters in accordance with APTA) and a current Wisconsin state license.
- One to two years’ pediatric experience preferred.
- New graduates considered if pediatric placement completed.
- Outpatient experience preferred.
- Intermediate EMR and Microsoft office skills a plus.
- Clear understanding of HIPAA regulations.
Interested in joining our team?
Please send your resume to Bonnie Boettcher, firstname.lastname@example.org.