Vision Forward has an employment opportunity for someone to serve as a Part-Time Driver (limited hours). The ideal candidate is dedicated to assisting people with visual impairments.
Responsibilities to fulfilling the Vision Forward mission:
- Promote the dignity of all people living with vision loss.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a positive, cohesive, transparent, and family-friendly environment.
- Operate agency vehicles to transport clients or visually impaired staff to specific locations.
- Assists clients in moving from one location to another such as in and out of a motor vehicle or to and from a building using appropriate sighted guide techniques.
- Assist clients with carrying parcels and packages.
- Drive agency owned motor vehicle on errands related to agency business.
- Assist in other areas, including minor maintenance tasks during slow driving periods.
Pay and benefits:
- $12.00 – $14.00 per hour based on experience
- Paid Time Off – 1 week after 1 year, an additional week on year 5
- Holiday’s (closed, but not paid) – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial and Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Company provided cell phone for use during working hours
- Weekends off
The perfect candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a clean driving record.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions and directions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Comply with with confidentiality policy.
Interested candidates are to contact Bonnie Boettcher, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-429-1654.