Friday, September 25, 2020
9:30 – 11:30 am
Connect with this webinar presented using Zoom, accessed easily by your computer or phone
Join us for a FREE virtual, interactive webinar to learn more about vision health, understanding low vision, and how assistive devices can help people of all ages having difficulty seeing.
More than 60,000 people in Southeastern Wisconsin have vision loss that cannot be corrected. Vision Forward and Prevent Blindness are teaming up to let you and your loved ones know that you are not alone.
Vision Connections will include:
- common vision concerns among adults (Macular Degeneration, cataracts, diabetes-related vision concerns, glaucoma, and the aging eye)
- preventative techniques and treatment
- vision health care resources to connect adults to vision care in your local community
- vision health risk assessment —see where your vision health is at
- how to maximize your remaining vision
- assistive products and technology to make life easier
Connect with this webinar through Zoom on your computer or phone!
9:30 – 10:30 am: Maximizing Your Eye Health
Amelia Braman, Prevent Blindness Wisconsin
10:30 – 11:30 am: Beyond the Eye Exam: Understanding Low Vision & Assistive Devices
Heather Hinson, OD, Optometrist, Vision Forward
Lauren Nelson, OTR, Certified Low Vision Therapist, Vision Forward
A diagnosis of vision loss does not mean there is nothing more that can be done. Learn how to maximize your remaining vision through magnification, task lighting, contrast enhancement and glare control. With the right tools and strategies, you can find new ways to do the things you enjoy!
“Excellent speakers, great content, I learned a lot!” Conference attendee
“The conference was enlightening.” Conference attendee
2020 Vision Connections is underwritten by the generosity of the Irving L. Chortek Estate and the Racine Community Foundation.