Vision Forward COVID-19 Update
Friends of Vision Forward,
Although what health officials know about coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, we do know that verified cases in our State and across the country have been increasing rapidly. With the recent announcement by Governor Evers mandating statewide school closures, and with additional closures here in southeastern Wisconsin we want to ensure we are working with our community to respond to and contain the spread of COVID-19.
Our first concern is the safety and wellbeing of the children, adults and families who utilize our services. Vision Forward is committed to ensuring our environment is safe for all our guests and staff. In order to do this, effective immediately, we are suspending all Vision Forward direct services, recreation, enrichment and social activities until Monday, April 13.
Effective immediately, we are implementing the following:
- All enrichment, recreation and social activities are postponed
- We will not be providing direct client services until April 13
- All meetings with external partners of Vision Forward are being held virtually or will be rescheduled
- We are postponing all outreach activities scheduled in March or April
- The Vision Forward Store will also be closed to external visitors. Customers are able to place orders online at vision-forward.org/store or by phone 414-615-0111 or email .
- If you or your family member(s) are registered for a program where you have paid a fee, refunds will be processed by contacting Vision Forward after April 13.
- Our staff is working on developing remote service, support and resources that will be shared as the options are developed.
- During the weeks ahead, Vision forward is offering telephone support to visually impaired persons and their family members. Our social worker, Erica Weise, is available to speak with people individually. In addition, support groups over the phone will be arranged. Those who are interested in either of these possibilities should contact Erica at 414 615 0163 or .
We are taking these steps to minimize exposure to COVID-19 and its spread while doing our best to keep our clients, participants and staff safe. We know we will need to continue to re-evaluate our steps as additional information continues to become available.
Please remember that the best protection is self-protection and self-monitoring, with adherence to the guidelines for social distancing. This will help to reduce the risk to you and to everyone in our community. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website has important information on how to protect your family, COVID-19, symptoms, what to do if you are sick, frequently asked questions and a wealth of information. This website can be accessed at the following link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
Our thoughts go out to all who have been affected by COVID-19. We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate through this uncertain time. Please do not hesitate to contact the Vision Forward team by emailing or calling 414-615-0100.
Terri Davis, Executive Director