Humanware Brailliant BI 40X Braille Display
The NEW, and feature-rich 40-cell refreshable braille device has been designed with two main things in mind: connectivity and productivity. The Brailliant BI 40X introduces Bluetooth 5 technology to the braille display market for the first time, letting you take advantage of the excellent connectivity offered by this technology. You will get Bluetooth pairing that is 2x faster, and also benefit from a connection that can travel over 4x the distance of older Bluetooth technology! The Brailliant BI 40X allows for stable connection to multiple devices at the same time, and gives an easier, smarter, and more user-friendly experience to people using a Braille display for the first time!
The Brailliant BI 40X gives you full control over your writing and reading experience by allowing you to select the Braille table of your choice. You can customize what applications to hide or show in the KeySoft Lite Main Menu, and you can configure the thumb keys to act in the way that you want them too. There is great flexibility in the available storage options, and the included onboard braille translation ensures compatibility with various file types. You will find that saving, opening and transferring data can be done with ease!
The Wi-Fi-enabled Brailliant BI 40X allows you to download the Victor Reader app and resources from online libraries such as Bookshare, NLS BARD, NFB Newsline, and then read books effortlessly using HumanWare’s signature thumb keys. You can also enable automatic scrolling that will refresh the braille display at a speed of your choice.
The Brailliant BI 40X also lets you take notes by using KeySoft’s Lite editor application, called KeyPad. The ergonomic keyboard makes writing a real pleasure, allowing you to type in comfort and in near silence!
- 40 cell refreshable braille display
- Bluetooth 5
- Standalone applications make it more than just a display
- Allows connection to 5 Bluetooth devices and 1 USB device
- Excellent user experience thanks to Keysoft Lite
- 32GB of internal storage
- Connections: SD card and USB
- Onboard Braille translation allows for translation of Braille to print and print to Braille
- Easily switches between different Braille grades.
- Includes DAISY book reading functionality using Victor Reader application
- Supports multiple different file types: DOCX, DOC, TXT, BRF, BRL, etc.
- Basic notetaking functionality built-in with ergonomic and almost silent Perkins style keyboard
- The special exam mode removes access to the internal storage to allow for exam taking
Braille Hearts Card GameClick for more details $19.00 Add to cart
Safety Stylus for Writing BrailleClick for more details $6.50 Add to cart
Big Button and Big Number Braille PhoneClick for more details $48.00 Add to cart
Metal Slate and Stylus; 4 Line, 28 CellClick for more details $20.00 Add to cart