Children & Youth
We’re here to help blind and visually-impaired children and youth get a great start in life.
From the early stages of infancy all the way through to adolescence, Vision Forward’s expert staff offer education, therapy, guidance and training for young people to reach their full potential as they grow toward an active and independent adulthood. Services include:
- Our Children’s program addresses any delays that visually impaired infants and toddlers may have.
- Our Early Education program helps youngsters prepare for a successful transition into school.
- Our School-Age program assists students, their families and caregivers, providing a wide array of services from pre-kindergarten through high school.
- Our Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy services promote development in communication, feeding, fine and gross motor skills and more.
- Our Visual Consultation will help parents and caregivers better understand their child’s visual impairment and practical strategies to support new skills
- Our board-certified music therapist works as a member of our interdisciplinary team to help support and address development of physical, emotional, cognitive and social needs of individuals through Music Therapy.
- Sensory Tots, led by an occupational and a music therapist, provides an engaging and educational experience for infants and toddlers and their families. These planned sensory activities highlight music, art and movement, involving multiple sensory cues, educational tactics and social engagement opportunities.
Learn more about our services for children and youth.
Contact Jaclyn Borchardt, Director of Operations